“Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen.” – Hebrews 11:1
Welcome to the 225th General Assembly
The 225th General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is less than a year away, but plans are well under way for the denomination’s hybrid gathering. The Committee on the Office of the General Assembly (COGA) is knee-deep into working on how to combine in-person committee meetings with online plenaries and how to conduct those at the Church’s Louisville office.
Visit this page regularly to see what’s new.
Saturday June 18, 2022 – Online
Plenary 1, 2, 3
Sunday June 19, 2022
Worship – Juneteenth Service
June 20 – July 2, 2022 – Louisville
July 5 – 9, 2022 – Online
Review the GA225 docket for detailed information.
Deadlines for GA225 Business
- 180 Days | December 20, 2021
- 120 Days | February 18, 2022
- 60 Days | April 19, 2022
- 45 Days | May 4, 2022
- 30 Days | May 19, 2022
- Commissioner and Advisory Delegate names submitted. Presbyteries are advised to submitted names as early as possible.
- Overtures proposing an amendment to the Constitution or requiring an interpretation by the General Assembly or the Book of Order.
- Concurrences to any overture with constitutional implications.
- All reports of entities, commissions, and committees of the General Assembly.
- Overtures and reports of entities, commissions, and committees referred from the 224th General Assembly (2020) will automatically be submitted to the 225th General Assembly as-is unless the Office of the General Assembly (OGA) is notified of a withdrawal or edit by the 120-day deadline.
- Overtures with financial implications.
- All other overtures, first concurrences, and comments.
- Resource material, including advice and counsel memoranda from advocacy and advisory committees.
- General Assembly Nominating Committee (GANC) nominations slate.