Called to a Movement
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God – what is good and acceptable and perfect.”- Romans 12:2
Important Dates to Remember
December 23, 2019 - 180 Day Deadline
- Presbyteries to assure list of elected commissioners and advisory delegates are delivered to the Stated Clerk of the General Assembly.
February 21, 2020 - 120 Day Deadline
- Overtures proposing an amendment to the Constitution or requiring an interpretation by the General Assembly of the Book of Order must be delivered to the Stated Clerk.
- Concurrences to any overture with constitutional implications shall be received.
- All reports of entities, commissions, and committees of the General Assembly shall be delivered to the Stated Clerk.
April 21, 2020 - 60 Day Deadline
- All papers intended for consideration by the General Assembly that are forwarded to the Stated Clerk and postmarked less then 60 days, but no later than 45 days prior to the convening of the General Assembly, shall be reviewed by the Stated Clerk, who shall determine whether or not to refer them to the Assembly Committee on Business Referral.
May 6, 2020 - 45 Day Deadline
- All other overtures and communications intended for consideration by the General Assembly shall by forwarded to the Stated Clerk, postmarked no later then forty-five days before the convening of the General Assembly.
- Resource material, including advice and counsel memoranda from advocacy and advisory committees … shall be submitted to the Stated Clerk, postmarked no later than forty-five days before the convening of the assembly meeting…
WELCOME TO THE 224th GENERAL ASSEMBLY (2020)
Get plans in motion now for the 224th General Assembly (2020) of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.),
June 20-27 in Baltimore, Maryland.
Commissioners and advisory delegates from all 170 PC(USA) presbyteries, and other delegates and observers from around the world, will converge on the Baltimore Convention Center in downtown Baltimore for celebrations, deliberations, and inspiration in support of the denomination’s biennial gathering. The Presbytery of Baltimore will serve as host to the 224th General Assembly (2020), united under the theme “Called to a Movement Beyond Institution” from Romans 12:2, and will include rich worship services, the election of the Moderator and Vice Moderator or Co-Moderators, election of the Stated Clerk of the General Assembly, action on a plethora of overtures, and much more. General proceedings and worship during assembly will be live-streamed, and this website will provide up-to-date information leading up to the gathering on travel, registration, and various other details. Bookmark the page and check back often.
General Assembly Planning Essential Information
Assembly registration will open in early March 2020. Commissioners, advisory delegates, other official participants, and observers will use this on-line process to register, order tickets to events scheduled throughout the meeting, and reserve a room in one of the assembly hotels.
Rooms have been blocked at hotels in downtown Baltimore. Reservations are made through the GA registration process. All attendees who register in advance (including observers) are eligible to request reservations in one of the assembly hotels.
Some group meals are provided at the Baltimore Convention Center for commissioners and advisory delegates. Other participants can purchase tickets to these as they register. There are concession areas in the convention center, restaurants in the assembly hotels, and many other restaurants and dining outlets nearby.
Many of the optional events scheduled during the assembly include a meal. Tickets will be available for purchase with registration.
The exhibit hall will be located in Hall E of the Baltimore Convention Center, and will open from Friday, June 19, through Wednesday, June 24. Find out about the latest resources and happenings across the denomination at displays of General Assembly agencies, not-for-profit groups, commercial vendors, and others. The bookstore sponsored by the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation and the global marketplace are highlights of the hall.
There are many opportunities to worship together during the week, beginning with opening worship on Saturday, June 20, at 11 a.m.
On Sunday, June 21, all assembly registrants are invited to worship with Baltimore area congregations that are making special arrangements to welcome them. Transportation is provided to churches and most of the churches are providing lunch to their assembly guests that day. Participants will be able to sign up as they register.
During the assembly a variety of organizations and the Committee on Local Arrangements will sponsor special events and local excursions throughout the week. The Hands and Feet initiative through our partners at The Center Baltimore will be offering four days of service opportunities.